Menu
Elliott94
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sound out of sync

Hi,

Just replaced my old basic Samsung TV with a new Samsung 4K QLED 43'  and added a Sony HTMT300 sound bar.

PLAYING DIRECT WITH TV SPEAKER (PCM setting)

Noticed on certain channels out of sync - on BBC HD news when it goes to a live broadcast the lip sync is out but seems ok on main program (slight adjustment in audio delay needed). Non HD no lip sync issues but I want HD. Other channels seem ok.  HDMI Link - virgin box direct to TV

PLAYING WITH SOUND BAR - OPTICAL (very bad!)

We have noticed sound out of sync on most channels. When TV speaker & sound bar playing you can hear big difference in delay - so sound bar out of sync even more then TV speaker. 

-Would upgrade in optical leads help (currently using the ones that came with Sony sound bar)? 

-Would connect to the Soundbar to V6 box - optical be better? Although I'd need to unplug to watch Netflix/etc so not great.

Real shame - I didn't realise a upgrade to better tv would knacker my virgin TV watching.

Any help or ideas would be great!

Thanks Neil

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound out of sync

Hi try setting the V6 to Dolby digital, as that would be the best thing with external sound systems as if they are capable of delivering 5.1 sound you can't receive it set to PCM. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Elliott94
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

When setting to Dolby digital I get bad sync delay(tv speaker). It seems to sync best on Dolby to PCM(V6) & PCM (Samsung 4K QLED). On the external sound bar sound is delayed on both PCM & Dolby - ???

*ANY SAMSUNG TV QLED OWNERS - What setting do you have your V6 sound setting on & Samsung QLED 4K TV sound setting on ? And for external sound bar?

Thanks

N

0 Kudos
Elliott94
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

When setting to Dolby digital I get bad sync delay(tv speaker). It seems to sync best on Dolby to PCM(V6) & PCM (Samsung 4K QLED). On the external sound bar sound is delayed on both PCM & Dolby - ???

Thanks

N
0 Kudos