Menu
ianc7
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sound - no picture

Hi all, my first post.

I've had a Sony Bravia 4K TV for nearly two years now, when I got it I plugged in my Virgin TV V6 Box and everything has been working fine. I turned the box on yesterday and where in the past the box fired up instantly it took its time and in the end I just had sound but no picture. I tried other HDMI points but still no joy. I rebooted the box a number of times and eventually got a picture.

I turned the box off and this morning I have had the same problem. I tried my second box from upstairs on the TV and still the same problem, whilst tried the downstairs box upstairs and it worked fine. I looked online and saw that an iSolem box could be the answer, picked one up this morning but still no joy.

So at the moment I have got a picture and sound but I'm going to have to leave the V6 box on 24/7 to ensure I can use Virgin.

I have checked the TV and everything is up to date.

Just signed a new 18 month contract so hoping this is not going to be an ongoing problem.

Can anyone help?

0 Kudos
ianc7
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Tivo V6 24/7

The only way I can keep watching Virgin TV through my Tivo V6 box is to leave it on 24 hours a day 7 days a week as I'm having problems with no picture if I turn it off then back on again.

Is it ok to leave it on 24/7?

0 Kudos
dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Tivo V6 24/7

won't hurt, it'll add about £15(ish) a year to you power bill

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ianc7
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sound - No picture

I’ve answered my own question!

As a last resort I’ve factory reset my Sony Bravia TV and I’ve now got a picture, sound and the Virgin TV TiVo V6 box is working fine.

Engineer to be cancelled

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound - no picture

Rather than starting a new post, I've combined it with your existing ones 😉

If you've not already done so.. you can cancel your appointment by logging into your "my Virgin Media" online account & choosing "My appointments"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks