cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound keeps jumping

Racheloldfield
Tuning in

For the past week or so the sound has been jumping constantly. I've reset the box, changed the sound settings as advised. Run diagnostics which did say there was a fault and then there wasn't. All the cables are tight and in good condition. It's only the TV and v6 box that I have. 

Doesn't do it when I stream through the ps5 so it's not the TV. It's driving me insane 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If it screws on to the main cable one side and just pushes on to the V6 then it is an adaptor between 2 different cable connections and needs to be left connected. If the cable isn't connected properly can give you varying results on the diagnostics.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

1: Is this happening on live TV? Recorded programmes? OnDemand?

2: What does "change the sound settings as advised" mean? What setting have you changed? I presume the PCM/stereo option, but you've not said.

3: Do you have any problems with your picture?

4: How is your V6 connected to your TV - is it a single HDMI lead direct and no intervening splitters or suchlike?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ita happening on all live, recorded and streaming. Not the TV as I can stream fine through the ps5.

I read on a self help to change the dolby sound settings

Picture is absolutely fine.

Connected to TV with single hdmi, original set up from the engineers . TV is right in front of the virgin box on the wall so no extensions being used 

Try a different HDMI cable and connector on the TV.

Tried a different hdmi, taken out the extra bit of cable connected to the main wire to the box as there was a small extension on there for some reason aswel. Done a box reset. Done the reset at the mains too.  Disconnected everything then reconnected it all. Everything's been dusted 

I've had the box for about 6 years. Did ask for a new one when we upgraded earlier this year but was told there was no need

@Racheloldfield wrote:

I've had the box for about 6 years. Did ask for a new one when we upgraded earlier this year but was told there was no need

So it's now a 360 box?

No still the v6 box. They wouldn't upgrade my box 

What was the upgrade you mentioned, just a bundle upgrade as opposed to a 360 upgrade which wouldn't necessarily mean you get  a new box as the V6 could have a software upgrade.

I changed to the volt package from the oomph bundle. I questioned getting a newer box as I've had this one a fair few years but they said there was no need. I get the volt m600 fibre. But this was done 4 months ago

If you didn't get a new remote then you are still using a V6 and tivo software, that small extension you removed might just be an adaptor without seeing a picture it's difficult to know what it is but if it's what I think it is I would have thought you would have picture problems as well.