Menu
Morry1988
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sound falls out of sync on apps.

I'm a new customer to virgin. Since I've got my box the sound lags behind when watch apps, netflix, amazon video, etc.

When you start watching a programme it is fine but after a couple of minutes the picture and sound are out of sync by as much as a couple of seconds. If you leave the programme and go back to it they have synced up again but the sound will lag behind again after a few minutes viewing.

I have tried resetting boxes, had a look in settings but don't see anything, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

0 Kudos
Retro-Tech
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound falls out of sync on apps.

Did you try changing the the Dolby settings to PCM within the audio settings on the set top box?

Have you tried using a high speed hdmi lead? Or try disabling the.higher screen resolutions.

Is the hdmi lead going straight to the TV or via amp/surround sound system?

Or have you tested with another TV to see if you can replicate the issue?

Is your bb service working ok?

Try to eliminate some of these initially.

Please hit the Kudos thumb to say thanks and mark answer as Helpful if the reply has helped at all

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Morry1988
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I changed the pcm setting and that seems to have worked. There is still a little lag at times with prime video but it's not as noticeable. 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi how is your V6 connected to your hub. Regards Micky
0 Kudos