Menu
duncanda59
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Sound drops for less than 1 second

Hi

I have a TV V6 box and over the last few weeks, the sound goes silent for less than a second, across various channels. It can occur frequently, currently watching a programme and it's gone silent 3 times in 20 minutes. The silence can occur less frequently. Occasionally to accompany the loss of sound, there's a thin horizontal bar of what looks like distorted picture.

It's starting to get annoying. Any ideas to fix it?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
gpb156
Tuning in
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound drops for less than 1 second

Having exactly the same problem. Sometimes with a slight picture glitch as well. Extremely annoying especially as it seems to be extremely random.

Any suggestions anybody?

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post duncana59, and I'm sorry to hear of the blip with both sound and picture on your V6 box.

Can you tell me if you've been able to try an alternative HDMI port on the back of the TV? Or have you possibly tried a new HDMI cable altogether?

If you can also check the connections running into the back of the set top box and at the white box on the inside of the property, that would be welcome

It may also be worth seeing if the fault re-occurs when connected to an alternative TV set, is this possible?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
duncanda59
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I've changed the HDMI cable and also used a different HDMI port on the TV and checked the white cable from the wall socket to the Tivo box. I still have the problem. I've also switched off/on the Tivo box. Not tried a different TV.

Any additional ideas to resolve this issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
gpb156
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have noticed that this problem does not occur when streaming from the box, Amazon Prime, Netflix and I Player. Therefore confident that cables and connections not the problem, neither the TV. So definitely an issue with box or feed I think. Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
duncanda59
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Yes, like you I have Amazon Prime, Netflix and no problems when watching them.
0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @duncanda59 

Thank you so much for checking that for us and I'm so sorry to see this did't improve the situation. 

Can I just confirm are these issues occurring on live TV, On Demand, recordings or all of these? 

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
gpb156
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have only noticed this problem on live tv and recordings of live tv, i.e if glitches happen live they are recorded. As mentioned previously not seen on streaming apps, iPlayer, Amazon, Netflix C4 on demand C5 etc. Not sure about on demand? Is that not same thing?

0 Kudos
Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

That's fine thank you for letting me know and yes Netflix and Prime do count as on demand streaming platforms forgive my phrasing there. 

I think it would be best if we get an engineer out to have a look at this as it looks like there could be an issue with the hard drive. I'm going to send you a PM to get this arranged for you. 

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
duncanda59
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi

The issues don't occur on On Demand, only on live TV.