Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sound drop outs and flashing screen

My 2nd Virgin V6 box is connected to my bedroom lg 4k tv, and I am having problems with the sound cutting out, for a second or 2, every 30 secs or so often accompanied by a brief black screen or brief flash on the picture.

I have tried different hdmi cables, and also other 4k devices such as a firestick plugged in the same hdmi socket on the tv, and same cable and other components are fine  only the V6 has this issue.

Could anyone suggest anything that I could try to fix the issue? I've obviously tried other  things like rebooting the stb as well, with no joy.

I appreciate any help or advice  as the issue is becoming really annoying to watch.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound drop outs and flashing screen

Hi

go to the V6 settings and change the resolution from 2160 to 1080. 

Here to help! I'm a manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound drop outs and flashing screen

Thanks Campo, that fixed it.

I did wonder if that might be the issue, but was reluctant to use a 4k box on a 4k tv at 1080 resolution. However,  as we watch our 4k Netflix and Prime through the Firestick, and don't watch the Ultra HD channel on this bedroom V6 , it's worth it to make all the others channels useable.

It does seem unfortunate that the issue exists with the box. Strange thing is that the TV we have put in the bedroom used to be the main tv, and worked fine with the other living room V6 box at 4k, so I'm guessing the issue must be with the particular STB.

Anyway, thanks again for the help.

0 Kudos