Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sound cutting out on V6 TV

The sound keeps cutting out on my Virgin box. It's fine for a few minutes, then it starts cutting out and then it "chirrups" a couple of times and then it's fine for a few minutes more.

It's not the rest of the system - I used an Apple TV box for Netflix, etc and that's fine.

I've restarted the TiVo box but no change.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound cutting out on V6 TV

Do you have another tv or computer monitor you can put on the V6 (it is aV6 ?- as you also say Tivo?) just for an hour or so to test whether the issue is still there - If it is, it puts the fault in the V6 box or, if not, its something on the TV or the HDMI connection cable.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It is a V6, sorry for the confusion. And thanks for the response.

It's also confined in a system making it a bit tricky to try another screen.  I have reseated all the HDMI cables in my matrix which has improved things a little - fewer dropouts and no chirruping, so that may have been the issue.

just thought I'd ask as we've had a few issues with Virgin lately and all other services (Apple TV, blue ray, TV itself) were fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Peetle,

I've tried to check your details but your the V6 box isn't on so I can't full check if everything is okay. To confirm, when watching Apple TV and other services on the same TV, is the sound okay? Can you turn the TV Box on for me so I can check it?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos