cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound but no picture

oynsy1
Tuning in

Hi I have sounds but no picture from my recordings, I was watching them fine earlier, went out for an hour or so and now I have this problem. Rebooted with no success, normal TV is fine, can someone help?

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To clarify - you can view broadcast TV channels and the menu system, but recordings are a blank screen.. is this all recordings or just particular ones?

Can you veiw OnDemand OK?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the response, normal TV has also stopped working now, sound but no picture, I checked and I think there's a issue in my area 

On demand is not working either 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

OnDemand & Live TV have different sources, so are unlikely (but not impossible) to have the same root cause. The best source of local-outage-info is the automated status line 0800 5610061.

Do you get any error codes/messages with VoD and/or live TV? There should usually be.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi oynsy1, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear you were having an issue with no picture when trying to watch recordings, and then later on live TV too. 

Taking a look at things this end, I can see that there is a fault open that is affecting you. The details of that are here: 

• ➡ Fault reference number: F010664267
  • ➡ Estimated fix time: 10 MAY 2023 09:00
  • ➡ Description: You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Voice and Virgin TV services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then. We are sorry and our engineers are working hard to resolve this for you.

There is a note of this on your account so the relevant teams are aware you are affected and this will ensure the account is assessed automatically for automatic compensation once the fault is closed as resolved as it may well affect your broadband too. You can view more information on this, as well as the eligibility criteria here 👉 Automatic Compensation

If there is anything else we can do, let us know. 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs