Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sound but no picture

I have a 82" screen built into a wall with 2 hdmi cables going through the wall, my hdmi 1 cable tip snapped off so I started use the second hdmi because it's a lot of work to switch it out now, the only way would to repair the tip. My v6 box worked fine with hdmi 1 but I'm having problems with hdmi 2 but I shouldn't be...

I have a yamaha rx-a1080 aventage amp, when I connect the v6 box into it I get sound but no picture but if I connect the hdmi directly into the v6 it works fine. Idk

Please help

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound but no picture

I've tried a couple of different hdmi cables between the amp and v6. I get the welcome and start up screen when I reboot and then the buffering ring comes on the no signal and it ring comes back on again randomly then back to no signal.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi replace the broken HDMI cable.Regards Micky
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It's through the wall, I have two long hdmi cables plugged in going to an amp to a bookshelf on the right. The tv is a 82" Samsung qled, it's pushed into the wall, the only way to fix the cable now is to get someone to repair the tip. That's why I switched to the second hdmi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm going to try a hdmi repeater

0 Kudos