Menu
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sound, but no picture.

So yet again I am faced with the situation this morning of no TV picture from my V6 box. I have sound and all the menus work but there is just no picture. And before everyone tells me to check on another TV or change HDMI cables, stop!! The TV is fine and I have already swapped cables a while back, besides if it was the cable I wouldn't be able to bring up the menus. So this appears to be a long term problem with the V6 as it's so intermittent, it can work for weeks and suddenly the problem occurs. Any advice other than what was mentioned above would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Kev

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound, but no picture.

this occurs when the TV doesn't send a handshake signal to the V6, it then thinks the box is connected to a recording device and goes into protection mode

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi dannylau,
Thanks for getting back to me. Are you saying if the V6 box doesn't recognise a handshake for the TV, the V6 box thinks it's connected to a recording device? Hmmm never heard that as an excuse before. Anyway a development this afternoon, when turning my trying the V6 again this afternoon the TV didn't recognise the V6 at all, and when I tried to turn the V6 box off using the remote nothing happened, the white light on the front stayed lit (yes I doubled pushed the button).
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi HavencroftKev,

I am sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues with this.

Are you able to advise what model of TV it is?

When you do the following Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video Output > Video Output Format do all outputs show as being supported?

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I guys thanks for getting back to me, my TV is a Hisense 43 Inch 4K. However thankfully the problem seems to have sorted itself out for the moment. However it have happened before and is really annoying. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the update.

When you were experiencing issues with it did you try any of the advice proposed in any of the responses within this thread?

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos