cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound but no picture

AlJows
Joining in

We have recently been having issues whereby we have no picture, only sound when using our virgin box. Our firestick works though. At first we thought it was the cable, changed that, then changed our TV as we read issues about the black screen of death on LG tvs. We now have a Panasonic TV and the same has just started happening. Again, changed the hdmi cable, still happening with the occasional flickering of an image. Could it be a dodgy virgin box? We have had it for four years. Thanks in advance for any help. 

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you say "no picture", is this on live TV? Recordings? OnDemand?

Do you still see the V6's UI and menu system?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No picture for all of it. I can see the welcome image when we restart the system but then the picture goes again. The TV remote functions show up though e.g. volume, modes, settings but no functions on the virgin remote, so I know it isn't the TV screen. 

Hi AlJows,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

Sorry to hear you've been experiencing some issues with the picture. 

I've had a look at things from our side and it does look like an engineer is needed. I'll need to confirm a few details with you first so I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

Thanks for popping me your details over via private message AlJows 🙂

I've arranged a technician, you can view the time and date of your appointment via your online account here

Alex_Rm

It the virgin box packing up. The technician came out to look at ours and changed it over, said once it starts doing it there's no repairing it. 

I used to keep the two boxes on top of each other too which may have been causing them to overheat and cause the issue. Advised to keep the new one separate.

Definitely contact the virgin media team through here. The technician said it was the quickest way to get hold of someone. 

Good luck!

I had my tivo box changed but problem continued shortly after. I bought an HDMI splitter and this cured it. I think it may have been an issue with my firestick maybe? Hope this helps