cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound, but No picture

Clare11
Joining in

Hi

We seem to have an issue with our Virgin TV box as when we turn it on we get sound but no picture at all.

I have checked all the cables and nothing seems to make a difference.

I know it’s not the TV as when we plug in our Firestick it works. 

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As per post-2 in the linked thread...

When you say "no picture", is this on live TV? Recordings? OnDemand?

Do you still see the V6's UI and menu system? If you see the menu system, then it's potentially an issue with the source material. If you don't, then you have a video output issue and there's a couple of things can be attempted before you go nuclear.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply japitts.

There is no menu, just a black screen. Would be grateful to hear what suggestions you have I can try.

Many thanks! 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First check the obvious.. another HDMI lead in the same port on your TV, and another known working port. That rules out an issue with the HDMI lead/port.

A video output self-test is part of the box's startup sequence.. so if you power the V6 down using the rocker-switch and restart.. do you get the "Welcome", "Starting up" graphics?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Cardiff.  Apologies, but I didn't see your message until now about my issue.  It turned out to be the TV itself.  Once replaced, problem solved.

Thanks for the advice!