Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sound behind the Vision

Settled down to watch Strangers on a Train on TCM +1 (channel 417) this afternoon. Had to give up and go do something else as the sound was way off. I thought the +1 was the delay in the broadcast time for the channel, but the audio is about +1 or more minutes behind the action on screen. I tried a reboot during the adverts (which are not affected, of course) but that hasn't helped at all.

just checked TCM (channel 416) and its the same on there. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound behind the Vision

Is sound ok on other channels other than TCM - if so its probably just a "glitch" with TCM.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

At 3.49pm they are both fine here - do you still have an issue?

UPDATE: The adverts have finished on TCM+1 and the audio is way behind.  Just checked Sky and that is the same so is how the channel is broadcasting.

==================================
V6 TiVo (with MRS & UHD/HDR)
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
SkyQ Silver Bundle (UHD + 2 minis)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

According to comments posted on other online forums, this fault occurs every time 'Strangers On A Train' is tx'd by TCM.   The sound is almost ONE MINUTE behind the pictures.  Does nobody monitor the TCM output?  If it happened once it would be bad enough - but to happen several times across several days each time the same movie is screened surely there can be no excuse?   There doesn't seem to be an easy way for viewers to contact TCM so would it not be possible for Virgin to intervene as this is one of the channels which they offer?

0 Kudos