Menu
itsallgravy1
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sound and picture "stutter" until box is re-started

Hi

This seems to be a regular topic looking at all the similar messages to this, but it doesn't make the situation any less annoying.

Since upgrading to the new V6 box I'm experiencing sound and picture "cut outs" for a second or 2 at a time, and this continues unless I switch the box off and back on again. It happens with standard and HD channels and also with recorded TV.  It can also start up and do it again if watching TV for a longer period of time even after switching off and back on again.

I've tried switching cables it makes no difference, have also tried a different TV! Again, it still does it.  So I'm certain it's the box.  A few people have mentioned that it's an issues between V6 and Samsung TV's but I have an LG. 

Can someone advise when there'll be a fix for this?  I'm unhappy paying for an upgraded service that isn't up to what it's supposed to do!!

0 Kudos
LeicesterLad
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound and picture "stutter" until box is re-started

Me too! I also have an LG tv, so it isn't a Samsung thing. Just annoying.

0 Kudos
itsallgravy1
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It's ridiculous.   There are so many threads on here about it, but no one from Virgin seems to be helping!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi itsallgravy1,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community.

I'm really sorry to hear your experiencing issues with the picture and sound dropping out all the time.

I have located your account using your Forum details and run some diagnostic checks for you The box is showing as offline at the moment so not able to get a full reading but I can see the downstream signal levels are not within our required specifications and that may be causing some issues with this.

I would like to arrange for an engineer to look at this for you if you don't mind.

I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Speak soon,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi LeicesterLad,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community.

I'm sorry to hear you are also experiencing picture and sound drop outs.

I have located your account using your Forum details so I can run some diagnostics on the box for you but I have been unable to make a connection to the box. Can you please advise if the box was powered on at the time of my post?

When was the last time you rebooted the box?

Speak soon,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
dylbot
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I get the same problem. Used to get bad break up on the old TiVo now the stuttering on v6 plus volume differences on some of the channels, e.g. film 4 hd will be muffled while standard def is fine. Have a feeling it's virgin signal strength more than the box, I live in a high density area one of the engineers said once when 'fixing' the problem that there's just too many people and not enough signal. My phone hasn't work for longer than a week for years either, I just don't bother to call then out to fix it anymore. I'm sure they'll still put the price up twice a year though.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning dylbot,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums,

Sorry to see that you've been having this issue with our V6 box.

Have you attempted any of the above information, like swapping HDMI cables or evening switching the HDMI port on the back of the TV? 

Have you been able to see if there would be a different result when an alternative TV set is used?

I can look into this further to see if there is a fix via PM if you would like my assistance

David_Bn

0 Kudos