Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sound and menu but no picture

We had a V6 box installed just over a week ago. Everything was fine until the other day when the picture stopped working. We still have sound and the digital menu. We can also still use the Netflix app. We have a fairly old Samsung telly. An engineer has been round and said we need a new TV. It’s a bit weird given that Netflix and our Xbox still work on the TV. Any ideas anyone?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sound and menu but no picture

If netlflx is an app on the TV and Xbox is using a different HDMI port.... have you tried plugging the V6 into the TV port you have the xBox in? I would also use a new HDMI cable (or try the xBox one).

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for answering. I’ve tried that now but still no joy.

There’s only one hdmi port on the back of the TV so the Xbox uses the same one. I’m getting Netflix through an app on the V6 box.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tellyhelly,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. 

Have you tried a new HDMI cable?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos