Menu
weeshaz
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sound and connection issues

Hi bought a new Lg Nanocell tv and set it all up with our Virgin V6 box. For the first week everything worked fine, now the sound has gone. We have sound if we watch tv just through the actual TV like netflix disney plus etc but the mimute we put it to virgin- no sound.

Also sometimes we cant even get onto virgin and it says no signal , make sure your set top box is.connected properly. Obviously ive exhausted everything regarding checking wires, changing hdmi ports. Checking the tv settings and also checking for software updates.

1 error did show up when i ran a diagnostics on the tv  Check RF/HDMI. Heres what it said-

Diagnostics results- NG

The output image signal of connected device is detected to be different from the HDMI image standards. 

Anyone know what that means in laymans terms please!? Dont know what to do

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound and connection issues

Hi first of all have you tried a simple reboot of your V6, is the TV a 4K one if so what are your settings on the video menu in settings, do you have external sound equipment, what are the settings set to in the audio menu. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@weeshaz wrote:

Also sometimes we cant even get onto virgin and it says no signal , make sure your set top box is.connected properly. Obviously ive exhausted everything regarding checking wires, changing hdmi ports. Checking the tv settings and also checking for software updates.

If your TV is generating a "no signal" error, it probably means it's not receiving an input on whichever HDMI port you have selected.

Have you checked all your HDMI inputs, and tried another HDMI cable? Have you proven all of these with other known working equipment? Does your V6 have the same problem with another TV? Swapping & changing equipment around is the best way of isolating the point of failure.

If all else fails, a video output self-test is part of the V6 reboot sequence if you restart the box with an HDMI connection active.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
weeshaz
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just an update- after buying a much higher apec Hdmi cable that cost 35 quid from currys it worked perfectly. So the actual hdmi cable that virgin/sky gave us wasnt high enough spec for our new 4k tv! 

Was so glad that was all that neesed doing but not 1 person even suggested that to me, i had to trawl the internet and troubleshoot myself. So there u have it

0 Kudos