cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound Cutting out

Armst79
Joining in

Hi,

I’ve just had my V6 replaced due to hard drive issues and I’m noticing the sound cutting out for about a second on all Tv channels. When I watch Tv through my Apple TV box there is no issue so I’ve narrowed the problem to the V6 box. Can I get some help please.. this is now very annoying… thanks. 

9 REPLIES 9

Armst79
Joining in

Hi

im also having this issue. I’ve just been sent a replacement V6 box and I’m noticing the sound cutting out for about a second. When I watch the same channel via a different Tv box the problem goes away so I have narrowed it down to the V6 box. Can you help please.. it’s now very annoying..

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See if you can isolate this to a particular video source - line TV channels? OnDemand programmes? Particular streaming apps? Recorded content?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Armst79, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that there is an issue with the sound and will send you a PM so that this can be looked into further.

Chris. 

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Armst79, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had issues with the sound cutting out and this is not the experience we want you to have. 

Can you try what Japitts has suggested and let us know how it goes?

Kind regards, Chris. 

Hi, I’ve had the same problem for 5 years. They renew the box every 12-15 months. But last time, we bought a higher grade HDMI cable and that stopped the sound cutting out, although it’s started again now, about 12 months after we changed it.

There’s quite clearly a specific problem with the boxes that keeps happening after a year or so, but VM don’t accept it. I’m glad I’m not the only one who this happens to. 
I’ve complained multiple times and it’s gets resolved, but the same issue shouldn’t keep happening every 12 months. 
I’ve noticed also that some channel have the sound blink out worse than others, for like 2-4 seconds, and weirdly if you rewind and play again, it doesn’t happen. 
I’m fed up with VM level of service, but unfortunately we’re tied in to only having them supply cable due to the deal that was made in a new build estate. 
Personally, I think that’s anti-competition and shouldn’t be allowed, but whenever I take VM to task over it, they just offer a cheaper price to keep me happy. 

Maybe just supplying suitable cables or boxes would help? 

I’d also be interested in your view on the situation being unable to get any other cable suppliers to where we live?

Hi Chalky1313, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the sound and will send you a PM so that this can be looked into. 

^Chris. 

Hi, I may have found a fix for this. When the sound starts flicking off here and there, pause the programme for a second and then continue watching.

I’ve found this eliminates the problem personally. VM still insist it’s not a problem, but I’m giving up trying to get it resolved. 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response on this Chalky1313,

Just regarding the prior posts I can see our team invited you into a PM, has this been investigated further?

Regards,

Kain