Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sonos Beam audio sync

Hi,

Just after a bit of help/advice with an issue I’m having with the audio sync on my Sonos Beam.

So I have a Sonos Beam linked to my Samsung QE49Q70R via HDMI to the HDMI ARC socket on the tv. I’ve then got 2 Sonos Play 1’s linked to the Beam wirelessly via the Sonos app to create a bit of a surround sound system. I’ve got the Virgin Media TiVo V6 box linked to the TV also by HDMI.

For some reason I’ve having issues with the audio sync on HD channels only. There’s settings on the TV and also on the Sonos app which will adjust the audio delay but I can’t get it anywhere near right. I’ve spoken with Sonos and they’ve advised that as the audio is behind the picture it is down to the TV, I’ve spoken with Samsung and tried lots of different things but nothing has resolved it.

So now I’m thinking about the V6 box, I’ve found that if I switch the audio setting from “Dolby Digital” to “Dolby Digital to PCM” the audio syncs perfectly but the sound quality is much worse and lose the surround sound. Surely this can’t be the only thing I can try? Anybody else had similar issues?

Pete

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sonos Beam audio sync

Hi is there a way to connect with cables ether HDMI or digital optical, as I suspect that will be better than WiFi.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sonos Beam audio sync

Hi Micky, no can only connect them wirelessly through the Sonos app, I’ve tried disconnecting them and just having the Beam on it’s own and it’s still not right on HD channels! 🤷🏻‍♂️

0 Kudos