Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Some Channels fuzzy sometimes

Hello,

This has been an on and off problems for the last 6 months now, some channels like W, Sky Movies channels, the picture goes fuzzy and is unwatchable so I have to switch channels. Right now Pretty woman and the omen are both fuzzy. This doesn't happen all the time as it would be ok for a week or more and then it goes fuzzy again. I have plenty of times turn the box off and on, reset it but it didn't help. I have also ran a service test, says no problems. 

Please can someone assist me into fixing this issue, i cannot find the online chat to speak to a adviser.

Thanks Charlotte

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Some Channels fuzzy sometimes

If you call Virgin (150 from a landline, 0345 4541111 from any other phone) when the problem is happening, the adviser can check your signal levels remotely while you're on the phone.

Assuming a reboot (try it yourself first) hasn't resolved it, they should be booking an engineer visit for you.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If you’re watching SD channels (non HD) Virgin Media have switched from MPEG2 to MPEG4 (image compression) MPEG4 is generally pretty good, but Virgin is using too bad of a bitrate which has basically ruined a lot of SD channels!!

HD channels unaffected 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hiya, its not the SD definition as its happening with HD channels.

Looks like i will have to call when its fuzzy, at moment it is ok for now.

thanks

0 Kudos