Menu
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Smart TV Netflix v virgin Netflix

I'm so glad that I recently invested in my first smart TV ,now I can watch Netflix prime without bugs and error messages . I don't know how many times in the past I had to reboot the v6 before Netflix or prime worked normally ,it's just not good enough but expected .So I goes to watch a film on Netflix tonight and I get the usual this title cannot be played right now when it should really say All titles cannot be played right now unless you reboot so I pressed the smart TV Netflix app and what a shock it plays right away .Why is this ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Smart TV Netflix v virgin Netflix

How are the TV and the V6 connected to the Hub - ethernet or wifi?
If by ethernet cable try a new Cat6 cable for the V6.
If by wifi - what do the TV & V6 "report" about the speed and strength of their respective connections - are they different ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Cat 8 ethernet

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem, though unfortunately rebooting doesn't help. Neither Netflix or Amazon on the V6 will play back programs, I believe it's an HDCP issue but both my receiver and my projector are HDCP 2.2 compatible, been the same for well over a year with two different V6's so can't imagine it will ever get sorted. Connection to the hub is ethernet so it's not a wi-fi issue.

It's a shame because I really like the Series Link+ functionality you get on the V6 version.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My TV and v6 box are both connected by ethernet ,iv had cable since 1993 and always these type of problems but I know everything can't be perfect ,v6 is s little pc pc  we know how temperamental they can be but it is annoying.i will check speeds. .

0 Kudos