cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow keying response when using TV

Andy_Kay
Tuning in

I'd become rather adept at using the remote control when watching TV, but about a week or two ago something changed. Now it's like a key debounce has been introduced that is about a whole second long. This results in missed key presses for much of the time, and Virgin TV has become a pain to use. Is this likely to be a fault with my remote control / TV box, or have Virginmedia changed some parameters?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Andy_Kay 

Have you tried new batteries?

If needed you should be able to order a replacement remote either by logging into My Virgin Media at the top of the page, or by using this direct link  Order new remote 

If the links aren't working either clear your cache and cookies or try a different browser

You can also try the TV Faults option when dialling 150 or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am -10am, or afternoon teatime to avoid call queues

For now you could download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Andy_Kay 

Have you tried new batteries?

If needed you should be able to order a replacement remote either by logging into My Virgin Media at the top of the page, or by using this direct link  Order new remote 

If the links aren't working either clear your cache and cookies or try a different browser

You can also try the TV Faults option when dialling 150 or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am -10am, or afternoon teatime to avoid call queues

For now you could download the TV Control app and use that until you receive a replacement remote

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tvgo-tvcontrol

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Doh! I do feel silly. The remote had its original cells in it, and after around five years of use one cell was down to 0.8V and the remote was still working (after a fashion). New cells fixed the problem. Thanks for the suggestion newapollo.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for updating the thread @Andy_Kay 

It's easily overlooked. I'm pleased to see it's all working again.

Any queries you have though just holler, we are here to help.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.