Menu
Shamrock1010200
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Slow channel changing

Just had a virgin engineer out because my tv was pixelating......now he changed the output but I’m not sure what to and from what.....now it takes 3 or 4 seconds to change channels......tv was fine before he came out bar the odd bit of pixelating which now I’d have lived with rather than what is happening now.......any help would be appreciated as it’s frustrating as hell waiting on the tv changing......thanks....

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow channel changing

Hi pixalation is a a sign of a signal level issue, did he or she go between your box and the street cabinet to adjust your levels, what was the "output" that was altered.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow channel changing

Hi Shamrock1010200,

From what you are saying it's possible that the engineer changed the video output settings on your V6 box to correct the picture and that's causing  a pause  when you switch channels as the set top box is adjusting the resolution.

If you click on Help & Settings > Settings > Video Output >  Video Output Format  you will see a screen with output settings he has set up.

I have a 4K TV and my settings have 2160p, 2160p 24/25/30fps pass- through, and 1080p   ticked.  THis doesn't cause any delays on my TV set but may on yours.

You should keep a note of what he set up there

Then on that screen you can either click for the V6 box to test formats or auto detect your TV.

Hopefully that will sort out the delays you are experiencing.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos