Menu
paul1276
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

SkyQ or Virgin

My Sky Q contract ends this month. I have had Virgin broadband for years ( Now Gig1) as Openreach terrible here. I guess it would be cheaper to have everything together and definitely do not want to loose Virgin Gig1. Really value SkyQ UHD content. Last year there was a press release to say Sky UHD content was coming to Virgin. Is this actually happening? Also with Virgin 360 on the horizon is now the wrong time to swap?

Advice and comments please.

0 Kudos
Emily_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: SkyQ or Virgin

Thanks for the post Paul1276.

You can stay up to date on our channel guide here or we have our customer news page here. 

Thanks, Emily.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: SkyQ or Virgin

@paul1276 wrote:

My Sky Q contract ends this month. I have had Virgin broadband for years ( Now Gig1) as Openreach terrible here. I guess it would be cheaper to have everything together and definitely do not want to loose Virgin Gig1. Really value SkyQ UHD content. Last year there was a press release to say Sky UHD content was coming to Virgin. Is this actually happening? Also with Virgin 360 on the horizon is now the wrong time to swap?

Advice and comments please.

There has yet to be any announcement on Sky UHD since word the deal was signed. Be aware that Virgin still do not have Sky Atlantic.

The V360 product is still in extended trials. It is half the capacity of the Sky UHD box & mini boxes must be wired to the coax cable as well as an Ethernet/WiFi connection. The existing V6 product is however very good, especially if you want multiroom functionality, as each box has a hard drive in addition to multiroom streaming.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks