Menu
savannah11
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky one

Hello, I hope you can help.

I have telephoned VM several times without success. Being cut off after 30+ minutes wait to get through is infuriating! I have a few queries about channels and possibly upgrading my package. As these are personal to me, I do not know if you can help on a public forum. I'm hoping that you can advise. Thank you. 

From reading other posts, I understand that VM increased our channels recently and have now removed them. Not knowing this, I recorded some programmes from Sky one and Sky two (not HD). These are still in my 'my shows' recordings but I am unable to access them as I now do not subscribe to the channels. Is this correct?

I am on the most basic package for TV is seems. I dont watch a lot, but I do like Sky one. Looking at channel listings, is it possible to upgrade from 'Player' package to 'Mix' (whatever they mean), and thereby have access to one of the few programmes I would watch regularly. If this is too expensive, can I add a channel without paying a ridiculous amount more each month? I am on a limited budget and really cannot afford big increases, sorry.

Finally, my bill seems to be increasing each month by £2 for some inexplicable reason. How do I resolve this if I cannot get through to VM on the phone? 

I realise these are multiple issues and difficult to clear up informally but if you could advise how I can go about resolving them without having to waste copious call minutes trying to speak to VM's call centre, I'd be very grateful.

Many thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sky one

you must subscribe to the channel to be able to watch recordings. Yes that is correct.
You can;t subscribe to one channel.
You would need to upgrade to a package that includes the channel that you want

Channel list for packages can be found here
https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/documents/Redwood/ChannelGuide_May2020.pd...
0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just to be clear the current available TV packs are either:

Maxit TV - all non-premium channels and content available on Virgin TV

Mixit TV - this allows some personal picks to be added for an additional monthly cost if you want some but not all additional channels that are in Maxit TV - https://www.virginmedia.com/content/dam/virginmedia/dotcom/documents/Redwood/Personal_Picks_January_...

The other TV packs are not longer available unless you're already on one of them.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
savannah11
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you both for the info. 

Is there a way to communicate with VM online to explore cost options for upgrades, rather than trying to get through on the phone? Is there a list of prices for such things or do they vary with regions, customers etc.? Is it better to try to speak directly?

Thanks again for your help.

0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi, prices vary as some people have discounts already on their existing bundle which works with the upgrade whilst some others don't. Unfortunately it's entirely account based. You can check your My Virginmedia then My Upgrades and Offers to which you can see which offers are available currently, of course these are different to ones you'd get via phoning in. I'd recommend if you're trying to get through, to call 8am on the dot. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
0 Kudos
savannah11
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I understand. Thank you for that, I will give it a try.

Appreciate all the responders' time and information.

Cheers

0 Kudos