Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sky cinema quality

Just joined virgin, and have sky cinema included, is there a reason why the picture quality is so poor? Compared to the other hd programs I’d hazard a guess it isn’t full 1080p, I’ve changed my v6 box settings to output 1080i instead of 2160p to help the up scaling issues but 100% isn’t my tv, any advice on a fix?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky cinema quality

Hi Tclint04,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, how are things now since your last post?

Kind reggards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi I don't have a 4K TV but I get perfect quality on my system which is set on my V6 at 1080p on a top of the range Sony LED smart TV.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tclint04,

Apologies for any frustration this has been causing. 

As it’s been a few days since your last post, I was hoping you could let me know how things are at the moment?

I have checked things again from our side and there is nothing obvious causing the issues you are experiencing.

What I would like to do is take a look into things a bit further by taking some details from you so I will drop you a PM asking for the information I would need. 

If everything is back to normal and you are experiencing no issues with your service, please ignore my PM and just pop back to us on here to let us know, if you are still having these issues then just reply to my PM in your own time and we will take things from there. 

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Hero
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A setting of 1080i is good for content at that resolution but not so good for SD, so add 2160p and 2160p pass-through.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos