Menu
GDSutton
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sky box set series only in UHD?

My other half has just tried to watch the first episode of series two of Discovery of Witches (I gave up after half of series one, terrible show). But there's only the UHD version available. As I'm one of the ultimate oomph customers who signed up before UHD was launched I don't have it. Does anyone know if there are a lot of series like that? Thought the UHD add on was just about picture quality, but seems like it might also include more content than standard.

Have done a box reset (standard) but still just UHD.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky box set series only in UHD?

The vast majority of Sky boxsets are available in SD & HD, with UHD the chargeable version.

There is some that are UHD exclusive, just as there's some that are SD/HD exclusive. I agree that this series is a UHD-only one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky box set series only in UHD?

Hi GDSutton,

You can add the Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD pick  for £6 a month.

You can cancel that add on at any time but VM require 30 days’ notice to remove Sky Cinema and Sky Entertainment UHD pick.

This price is on top of your existing Virgin Media cable services monthly subscription cost, and the add on is usually upgraded in 48 hours.

You can register for it using the following link https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/ultra-hd 

You don't say how long you have left on your Ultimate Oomph contract but it might be worth a call to try and negotiate a new deal and ask them to include content for free.  It's now  included when you renew or start a new Ultimate Oomph contract. 

Any issues if you do call and the agent won't add it for free if you renew your deal then refer them to the above link.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos