Menu
Durham6X
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky Ultra HD HDR in Sky Cinema

Hello, I recently signed up to the Sky Ultra HD service. I have selected a few films to watch, however none of them appear to show HDR content. I have an LG OLED TV and that normally displays an HDR logo when showing HDR content on the likes of Netflix and Amazon Prime. Has anyone else actually found HDR works?

0 Kudos
ozsat
Superstar
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Ultra HD HDR in Sky Cinema

The SkyUHD package on VirginMedia does not yet have HDR.

@Durham6X wrote:

Hello, I recently signed up to the Sky Ultra HD service. I have selected a few films to watch, however none of them appear to show HDR content. I have an LG OLED TV and that normally displays an HDR logo when showing HDR content on the likes of Netflix and Amazon Prime. Has anyone else actually found HDR works?

==================================
1.2Gb/55Mb in Area 31
0 Kudos
Durham6X
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Bit disappointing then, probably not worth the extra £6 a month.

0 Kudos
gaima
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Does anyone have any information on when Virgin Media might have HDR for Sky channels?
Or in fact any channels?
0 Kudos
ozsat
Superstar
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HDR is not available on any channel on Sky or VirginMedia at this time. Only BTtv has a HDR channel in their EPG.

Sky has some downloads on their own platform - otherwise you have to use Amazon, Netflix or BBC iPlayer, etc. for HDR.

==================================
1.2Gb/55Mb in Area 31
0 Kudos
NinjaMeerkat
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The problem VM would face with HDR is that unless you have an OLED or FALD LCD tv the quality of the picture won't be very good. There are lots of HDR compatible 4K tv's but nowhere near as many HDR capable 4K tv's. I dont think any 4K tv's will let you turn HDR off.

0 Kudos