Menu
Sp4rkyM4rk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sky UHD Keeps Disappearing

Last week, I received an upgrade to Sky Entertainment and Cinema Ultra HD as part of the Ultimate Oomph package. Around 24 hours after making the call, the contract was amended and I had access to the UHD content.

I am now noticing that often - in the evening - the Ultra HD subscription 'disappears' and I am locked out of the content being told to 'Upgrade to watch'; however, during the day, it is included in my package. I have tried a soft reset of both V6 boxes and tried to reconnect to the Virgin Media service; however, this does not resolve the issue.

Please could somebody advise why I am unable to access this content at a time when I actually want to watch it?

0 Kudos
ozsat
Superstar
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky UHD Keeps Disappearing

It sounds as if your V6 is loosing UHD contact with the tv - have you tried a different HDMI lead?

==================================
1.2Gb/55Mb in Area 31
0 Kudos
Sp4rkyM4rk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, and to add, the Virgin Media Ultra HD channel and its associated on demand content works fine, as does BT Sport Ultimate. The probem is exclusive to Sky UHD content and the box once again thinks I do not have access to this, despite it being reflected on my contract.

The resolution of the box is set to 2160p and signal received by both television sets. I believe this to be an issue at Virgin Media's end, not mine.

0 Kudos
ozsat
Superstar
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You can watch the Ultimate channel and VirginMedia 4K channel on a normal (non-4K) tv set.

The SkyUHD selection is available when a 4K signal is received back from the tv.

Are you doing a mains reboot of the tv too?

==================================
1.2Gb/55Mb in Area 31
0 Kudos
Sp4rkyM4rk
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes, and there are two very capable TV sets. Also, when UHD was listed as included in my package, it worked fine on another 1080p display. This is clearly a subscription issue at Virgin Media's end, not my hardware.

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Sp4rkyM4rk,

Welcome back to our Community Forum. Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to understand that you're experiencing this issue!

It is very strange that the availability to this channel in UHD changes! I was able to locate your account and I can see that you have contacted us about this issue previously.

Are you experiencing the same issue on both TV boxes? Would you be able to reboot your TV boxes again to see if the issue is still there since you last posted.

Please keep us updated if you can.

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Sp4rkyM4rk
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

A quick update:

I am satisfied that this has now been resolved following a call to Customer Support; it was indeed a subscription issue. For the past couple of days, all Sky UHD content has been available at any time.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update @Sp4rkyM4rk, and I'm pleased to here this has now been resolved

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos