Menu
Knows their stuff
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sky UHD Content?

Back in July 2019 while people were enjoying BBQs with friends and families all close together Virgin announced they would be getting UHD content from Sky in 2020.

There are now about 6 weeks of 2020 left. I thought the new football season would have triggered it as it did previously with HD. Is there any word/update of when it could be coming? I see the weird mention of it when looking at Sky One programmes in the search but then it's not actually there.

0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky UHD Content?

Both Sky and VirginMedia announced it - but still nothing.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm crossing my eyes and legs (even though it's painful) that something will happen on 9th December.

That's the date Sky are updating their Q boxes and adding HDR content, so maybe VM have been waiting to get the HDR content too. press release 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Community elder
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The SkyQ box is already updated and they have 4K/HDR material now.

9th Dec is the day they release the bulk on their films in the format - so hopefully it will tie in with VM.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Fingers crossed for December 9th then.
I got an email yesterday asking me to take V 360 and the closing date for me to take up this offer is December 10th so could be related to that or just a coincidence.
0 Kudos