Menu
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports

We were recently offered a deal to stay with Virgin (phone call on Tuesday) and I have returned home today to find it switched on and a mobile sim in the post. Now, there is a chance that we will go with this but it appears Sky Sports is now on but only in SD. If we were to keep this deal, I wanted HD - as Sky were offering UHD.

Is there a difference between packages to get SS HD? We have all the other HD channels including BT Sports, apart from Movies - which we don't subscribe to.

Our main reason for leaving was the need for Sky Sports, for Scottish Football.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports

Sky Sports HD requires an additional subscription at £7 per month.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The Bigger oomph + Sports, which it seems the guy has stuck on for us, states Sky Sports HD. Why would someone who was leaving because they wanted Sky Sports, stay for SD only? Looks like I will just have to cancel all over again - as I actually did not agree to what he was offering, I simply agreed to him sending me information.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It may just be you need a signal sending to resync your box to the account if you think HD should be there.

You could try on the V6  -    Help & Settings -> Settings -> TV Care -> Missing Channels

==================================
VIVID 500 (500/35mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Well, where do I start?

I have been on message chat and left for three days before getting to talk to the right department, to only be told that our memorable word is 6 characters and I could not pass security without being able to tell them the 6th. They said that we must have forgotten it and the only thing they could do is send a reminder. A further wait of 4-5 days and our reminder is the five character word we knew! Back in touch and was told that we were through to billing again and would need to be put through to the other team again - only for the chat to refresh and empty, after a day waiting.

I have created two complaints over the course of this - neither have been responded to.

I have called 150 this morning, at 10.35am and went through to the right department and advised 'Amy' of our issue, only for her to the state - "Let's see what we can do" and then hang up.

I am not going to go away and accept an 18 month contract on something we did not agree to VM, so stop burying your heads and get this cancelled. We have Sky coming next Friday to begin our installation with them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

and the first and last posts in here have been copied on a screenshot, just in case you fancy deleting - the whole point of my last, was to do this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sky insist on charging an HD supplement on the sports channels. A deal has been signed for Sky Sports UHD which should come into force this year.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have a similar issue, i re-upped my Ompfh bundle last week but SSHD channels have disappeared from my main box. Wierdly, they're are still available on the 2nd box. Trying to get through to support to sort this, hopefully simple issue, is rapidly sucking the will to live. I get call centres closed and covid make things difficult, but calling just goes round in a loop directing to the virginmedia website which doesn't help me solving my issues.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I called back and got 'Fiona', who was what all advisors should be moulded from.

Fiona was apologetic and tried to advise on what may have happened, and sounds plausabile - even if the support until Fiona was poor. Anyway, she looked at the options and echoed what the first person said - so the two options he had advised on and I had agreed for him to send information on, were what she was advising on. Since Fiona was such a star, I agreed to one of the options and we shall remain with them - with the service already on our box.

I doubt the advisors get time to look at these forums, but if she does, I thank you Fiona!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It took two minutes to cancel Sky, by the way - all on message chat. Even though, mid-call with Fiona, we took receipt of their Broadband router. So, we are all sorted, thankfully.

0 Kudos