Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports - v56 issue

Hello

In the last week or so our second box is giving a v56 error on all sky sports channels. We've had these channels for a few years, so it's not a new setup that needs authorising?

When I click on the find out more option, it shows us having sports (even though they won't work) but says we don't have HD, which we do.

Is it possible for someone to have a look at this issue please, or if anyone has a solution that I can carry out, that would be great too.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports - v56 issue

Hi djcammy, 

That message means the channels aren't authorised, however have you tried rebooting the set top box?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave. Yes, I’ve rebooted it, checked connections etc.

Appreciate your suggestion though.

David

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/v56 this is indeed a subscription error. Assuming there's been no (intentional) changes to your account... you can also try following Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels.

This should send a "refresh" type hit to your box, if this doesn't solve it then it'll be a call to C/S

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos