Menu
djcammy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports - v56 issue

Hello

In the last week or so our second box is giving a v56 error on all sky sports channels. We've had these channels for a few years, so it's not a new setup that needs authorising?

When I click on the find out more option, it shows us having sports (even though they won't work) but says we don't have HD, which we do.

Is it possible for someone to have a look at this issue please, or if anyone has a solution that I can carry out, that would be great too.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports - v56 issue

Hi djcammy, 

That message means the channels aren't authorised, however have you tried rebooting the set top box?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
djcammy
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Dave. Yes, I’ve rebooted it, checked connections etc.

Appreciate your suggestion though.

David

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/v56 this is indeed a subscription error. Assuming there's been no (intentional) changes to your account... you can also try following Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels.

This should send a "refresh" type hit to your box, if this doesn't solve it then it'll be a call to C/S

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

djcammy
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well, a few weeks on and despite trying all suggested on here, still nothing. I did a factory reset the box, rebuilt the channel list etc, but still nothing. Sky sports showing as V56, but I check through through settings, it says I'm subscribed. No issue with BT sport etc.

I phoned C/S and after nearly an hour spoke to a lady who asked me to power cycle the box, she then "sent a signal to sort it". Then she told me to turn it off at the mains, switch it back on and wait. This didn't work. At this point (1:15 after I started the call) she told me she couldn't help and it needed to be escalated to the next level. She took my mobile number and said I would get a call back in 24-48 hours. That was on Dec 23rd. Still nothing.

In the general scheme of things going on in the world, it's not that important, but as we're paying for the channels...

Are there any VM staff on here who can resolve anything for me?

Many thanks in advance.

0 Kudos