cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports UHD for £3 offer

mikefraser
Up to speed

Like others on here, I received an email offering Sky Sports UHD for 18 months for £3, which I accepted, and which the Web team acknowledged on 6 June. Since then, nothing......

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The V6 supports UHD you don't need a 360, I also received this offer and signed up (though after trying online twice with no success I had to phone up to get them to sort it), have just turned on my system and confirmed that my V6 box is quite happily playing Sky Sports F1 UHD

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @mikefraser 

Welcome back to the community forum 

Sorry to hear that a deal that was sent to you has not been applied. 

Sky UHD is only available on Virgin Media 360 set top boxes and wouldn't be compatible on any of the other set top boxes. 

Can you confirm if you have a compatible set top box? If you have been set this offer without a compatible set top box, I'll feed this back to the team to investigate this error further. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

mikefraser
Up to speed

Certainly was sent this offer, in an email from you on 6 June. I have a V6 box and a 4k compatible TV, and the Sky UHD channels are listed on there, greyed out. If, as you say, Sky UHD channels are only available on 360 boxes, then I should not have been sent this offer! On the other hand, BT sport UHD,Virgin Media UHD and the occasional Eurosport pop up channels all work fine on this box, so I don't understand how you've managed to arrive at a situation where only Sky UHD doesn't work. Not brilliant, is it?

My apologies @mikefraser 

I will raise this with the team to investigate further as to why you have been sent the offer if you do not have a compatible set top box. 

We always take on board the feedback we receive so we can learn more about the areas we need to improve. We will certainly pass this information along to the relevant teams.

Here to help 🙂
Carley

mikefraser
Up to speed

Ok thanks, but looking at my package just now, I see that it shows I have 360, when in fact I don't!!!  I have a standard V6 box and a Tivo box, so I have no idea why my account is showing the incorrect box! That must be a fairly recent change,because I don't recall seeing that the last time I checked. That could explain why your sales team sent me the wrong email - can this be corrected please?

The V6 supports UHD you don't need a 360, I also received this offer and signed up (though after trying online twice with no success I had to phone up to get them to sort it), have just turned on my system and confirmed that my V6 box is quite happily playing Sky Sports F1 UHD

My apologies for the confusion @mikefraser 

I have gone back with the team and I can confirm that SKY UHD is compatible with the V6. 

Are you able to try the offer again at your side to see if you get another confirmation email as before and I'll monitor at my side to check this goes through with the web team. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

I did think it was odd. I've tried again but the link has expired as the offer ended on 25 June. I guess this can now only be activated from your end.

Ah okay, 

Thanks for trying @mikefraser We'll see if this can be added at our side for you. 

Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thank you for joining me on private message @mikefraser 

Glad we've been able to get this fully resolved for you today. 

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 

Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley