Menu
DDX84
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports Channels Picture Lag: V6 Box with 4K TV.

Hi guys,

Hoping someone can help please. Over the last few 6 months or so, the picture quality has become unwatchable when trying to view the Sky Sports channels. 

My TV is the Philips 50PUS6162/05 4K model. 

When watching football, there's a huge amount of lag as the players and ball are moving around the screen. What I found more surprising though is how Sky Sports News is also affected. 

The yellow breaking news ticker at the foot of the screen also stutters. Today's example was the worst it's ever been. There was some highlights being shown in the centre of the screen and it was like I was watching it at 5 frames per second. Unwatchable. 

Naturally, I've tweaked the settings on my television endlessly, to no avail. I haven't encountered the issue when watching football on either ITV or the BBC, or the iPlayer. 

Regarding the V6 box, I've tried every combination of settings through the video output section, but nothing seems to work. 

I've switched the V6 box off and restarted it multiple times, the same for my television too. 

Is this a known issue with a solution? 

Grateful for any help that can be offered. 

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports Channels Picture Lag: V6 Box with 4K TV.

What you are discribing sounds as if your judder/motion control settings on the tv need adjusting.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
DDX84
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I appreciate the reply, but my TV has 6 options in that relevant menu and none of them have fixed it. Including "none" and "sports". 

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

There are quite a few threads around about this issue on this model.

Do a google search on "50PUS6162 judder" to see if any of them help.

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos