Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports £22 offer

I received an email Wednesday with offer of Sky Sports for £22 a month, I clicked on the link and the form was auto populated. I clicked on the the Buy Now but it said there was a problem. In the part of the form for House Number or Name it had and exclamation mark but the form couldn't be amended.

Despite that I received a confirmation email saying:

"We’ve got your request to order an add-on or extra, to give your package a little more oomph.

You’ll receive an email from us soon  to let you know when it’s been added to your package, and to confirm any price changes to your monthly bill."

That was three days ago now and Sky Sports hasn't been added yet so I'm not sure if the request was registered.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports £22 offer

I received an email last night saying:

"You're in! Thanks for placing your order with Virgin Media.

We are pleased to confirm your request has now been fully actioned and your special bundle offer has been applied, saving you even more money than you thought on your Virgin Media services."

But Sky Sports are still grey out on TV Guide so haven't been added despite email saying "your request has now been fully actioned"

Come on Virgin Media pull your finger out. Is there any mods on here that can help!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Are you sure you're not checking the HD channels on 501-510, and without paying the HD supplement you've only subscribed to the SD channels on 511-520?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Doh!... you're right, just scrolled down a page and the SD channels are activated.

I'm sure the offer said it included HD channels. So how do I get the HD channels?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There's an additional £7/month charge for the HD channels, you'll probably be best calling C/S and asking for the HD's to be added, chances are they can do it there & then.

Most of these offers tend to be SD-only where Sky Sports are concerned, unless they specifically mention HD. Best check whatever promo material you saw and have a careful look at the wording.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No where does it say SD channels only, but it does have a line about HD saying "HD viewing requires HD TV and TiVo or V6 box." No indication of extra charge.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Was this an online offer or emailed? Are you able to screenshot it? Obviously remove any identifying info and allow time for approval.

Your other option is to call into C/S and raise this, but be expectant of the agent querying this point and pointing out how HD is normally extra. There have been errors with online offers in the past, but marketing is usually pretty careful around Sky HD.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It was emailed to me. It does say "11 Action Packed Channels", so I guess that's their disclaimer.

I tried to post a screen shot but it was taking too long for them to check the image

borobutch_0-1599566583713.png 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes, from what I can see this is another example of "if Sky don't mention HD, they don't mean HD".

Take a look at https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/channels/sky-sports for another example - BT HD mentioned openly, but silent with Sky. Scroll to the bottom under "TV Legals" and under the heading "Sky Sports HD channels" it's covered off.

0 Kudos