Menu
jaybe
Dialled in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Sky Cinema on demand not working

Sky Cinema on demand does not work on the V6 and requires a reboot to get it to work, this is has been happening daily and is not right. The error is 603 and only works after a reboot.

Add this to the other on demand issues such as Netflix, Prime and iPlayer... only a reboot fixes and no help in resolving this either from VM having been through a number of replacement boxes to no avail.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Cinema on demand not working

I'm going to guess that this is not just Sky Cinema, but actually any and all OnDemand programmes. And that you have a 4K TV. There have been some recent changes to how OnDemand works with 4K TV's, and they are intentional. There's also a couple of possible fixes - primarily depending on your TV.

What is the make & model of your TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jaybe
Dialled in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Yes sure, it is a 4K TV and is a Samsung QE55Q90R. You are right it is all on demand, Netflix, Prime and iPlayer mainly. We don’t use Sky Cinema much and only noticed this being a problem a few days ago, wife tried to watch something earlier and same message.

I have tried changing the pass through settings in the v6 video output as per one suggestion but this did not help. Any advice you have is appreciated - just noticed VM replied to an older post about Netflix and have acknowledged others reporting the same problem.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

According to the Samsung manual (here ) all 4 of that model's inputs appear support the correct standards.

Is this problem apparent on all 4 inputs? Can you try swapping your V6's HDMI cable between different HDMI ports and see if the problem is consistent?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
jaybe
Dialled in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

sadly the issue is on all ports, absolutely crazy and I just cannot seem to get the box to play on demand without having to reboot the box. Both tv and box are a few months old and I thought would all work without problems. I’ve just seen another post and the link to the Virgin page with steps to try and resolve the issue, but none of that works for me.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I've had this issue too - since the last update. What are these 'intentional changes' that have been mentioned, please?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

In order to output VOD and use some apps, with your V6 connected to a 4K UHD-TV outputting in 2160p, the use of HDCP 2.2 on all connected equipment is now enforced.

Some older 4K equipment may not have full support for HDCP 2.2, or be limited to particular HDMI ports.

0 Kudos
jaybe
Dialled in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: On demand not working

I’d be interested to know if you have a Samsung or not, similar issue here and a restart is only a temp fox for me. I’ve been informed it’s a HDCP 2.2 issue but don’t know if Samsung or Virgin are the issue - I have a new 2019 TV and all ports are HDCP 2.2 compliant so at a complete loss.

0 Kudos
AndrewPW
Joining in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem with a Samsung UE48HU7500. It is UHD with resolution 3840 x 2160. How can I discover whether it meets the new requirements and if not how to alter them. If this is not possible is there no way I can recover Sky Movies, part of my package?

Thanks for any help you can give.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@AndrewPW 

The Samsung manual (here ) advises you to use the port marked "MHL" to use HDCP 2.2 - check out Page 20.

0 Kudos