Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Cinema issue error code 669

nashbeach
Dialled in

I cannot watch any films, any advice ?

21 REPLIES 21

Hi @nashbeach 

Thanks for coming back to the thread. I am sorry it's happened again. 

I have done a system check and everything does appear to be in order so I hope the issue has been fixed. Normally a reboot solves that error message. Please do pop back to the Community if you're still experiencing issues and we'll be happy to help further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

So you want me to reboot everytime I want to watch any on demand sky service, I can't watch sky movies or sports on catch up, have they been removed from my package ?

I can watch Netflix and iPlayer, why do I have just a sky catch-up issue ?

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply nashbeach. 

You shouldn't need to reboot in order to use the service but there could be an underlying problem causing the error. 

Is the box connected to the internet via ethernet or WiFi?

With the package, we would need to take a closer look from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message to confirm a few details. This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Ethernet connection, no problems with Netflix or iplayer

I rebooted 3 days ago and now today exactly the same issue, error code 669 on all sky catch up, itvx not working but plays the ads but not the show, fed up to my back teeth now, Virgin please sort this out or the new contract recently signed will be null and void and you lose another customer.

My other V6 box works with no issues !

Virgin customer care has gone downhill lately, I will no longer recommend Virgin to anyone in future.

• Will I be able to watch a pay per view item with this issue ?

Apologies for the issues nashbeach, has this improved at all since your post?

Rob

No improvement. I have to wait until April 3rd as a DNR issue needs fixing in my area