Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Sky Cinema and On Demand

When will Virgin have access to a decent amount of sky movies on demand, its lacking so much compared to sky cinema app, or an actual sky customer or even nowtv customers. Its shocking as it doesn't say when you sign up that you only get access to a "limited selection" of the movies on demand. 

On the quality of the sky cinema channels is atrocious compared to the quality of the sky cinema channels on sky itself or streamed over now TV on my smart TV. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Cinema and On Demand

@RunningOnCable wrote:

When will Virgin have access to a decent amount of sky movies on demand, its lacking so much compared to sky cinema app, or an actual sky customer or even nowtv customers. Its shocking as it doesn't say when you sign up that you only get access to a "limited selection" of the movies on demand. 

Historically movies OD on Virgin only had an HD version for the first month or so (everything else SD-only), this should improve again with the recently-renewed carriage deal between Sky & Virgin. I can't say as I've noticed any lack of choice for a while now, but I know others have.

@RunningOnCable wrote:

On the quality of the sky cinema channels is atrocious compared to the quality of the sky cinema channels on sky itself or streamed over now TV on my smart TV. 

Interesting - do you have an example? I'd be genuinely surprised if the PQ of Sky Cinema on Virgin is any worse than the same channel/film on other platforms. Others may be able to confirm, but a quick check of Now-TV's website confirms they stream at 720p whereas Virgin's HD is 1080i - clearly better.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos