cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Cinema Collection ON DEMAND access issue

betamax_bandit
Joining in

Hi

this may be a bit of a strange one (or maybe its me thats misunderstood) I recently upgraded to new package with 1Gbs and full TV with Sky Sports HD, Sky Cinema Collection (HD) and SKY Cinema UHD.

I can access all my channels but ON DEMAND seems to not be working. I can access SKY UHD ON DEMAND without issue, however standard SKY CINEMA ON DEMAND says I need to upgrade to view. Shouldn't this be included in the package? I had Sky Cinema before and could access on demand but for some reason I can only access the UHD version on demand and that section doesn't have the same content

Any ideas? Am I wrong here but I thought on demand comes as standard with sky cinema? I spoke with Tech support and they advised that it doesnt and that they would need to make a change to my package which would invalidate my current offer(???) which I didnt want to do

7 REPLIES 7

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @betamax_bandit 

You should be able to view both HD and UHD Sky Cinema.

Have you tried rebooting your V6 box?

You could also try and force the V6 to pair again with the VM systems by going to

Home > Help & Settings > Help > Virgin TV> go up to the top of the screen then TV Care and press OK >  Missing Channels.? > Refresh my channels list

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Is it only Sky Cinema HD VoD that (unexpectedly) gives this error?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yeah it’s only the VoD that gives me the prompt to upgrade. Funnily enough the UHD sky cinema VoD works perfectly fine

Yeah I’ve tried that and I’m still being prompted to upgrade to view. I’m at a loss

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I presume from your replies that you've tried the channel refresh - if you can view the Sky Cinema linear channels, then to be fair that's already proven.

This will be an account code issue of some kind, it'll need VM intervention to resolve. Either call in or wait here.. just to make you aware, adding further replies to this thread will potentially drop you down the queue for staff attention, they should get to this post in a couple of days on current form.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey @betamax_bandit,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with Sky Cinema content, is this happening, when you try to view various movies and shows or is it just one?

Please can you try to connect your TV back to the Virgin Media network:

Press Home on the remote
Select Help & Settings
Choose Settings
Select Network
You can then choose from the following options:

Connect to the Virgin Media TV service now
Connect to the network manually. Your box connects to the network automatically every few hours, but you can select this option to perform a manual update of your program listing or info. You can still watch live TV, set up recordings and search for shows while your box connects.

If this doesn't work, we would need to get this looked into further on the system for you.

Regards,

Steven_L

It’s now working for some reason. It’s not something I’ve done at my end so if anyone updated or did something on the backend, I appreciate it