cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal fault W02 (affecting 3 out of 4 boxes)

nickking
Dialled in

Afternoon,

I noticed a problem a few weeks ago with Sky News HD, I thought at the time it was isolated to that channel but I've since seen it on various other channels, Sky Sports Main Event HD, BBC4 HD, Yesterday HD, ITV HD, ITV Be HD etc.

The video pauses for a few seconds then breaks up and starts to play again then we get a message on screen saying "There is a problem with the signal on <channel name>, Please reboot your TIVO box, if this keeps happening visit virginmedia.com and enter error code W02".

I've ran the automated tests on the webpage and it shows a fault on 3 boxes.

Your Twitter team have asked me to post here for further assistance.  We are in Sheffield S12.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

W02 is a loss-of-signal error. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need an engineer visit, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. If you have multiple boxes and only particular ones are affected, try swapping them around - see if the fault follows the box or remains with the in-room cabling.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

W02 is a loss-of-signal error. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need an engineer visit, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. If you have multiple boxes and only particular ones are affected, try swapping them around - see if the fault follows the box or remains with the in-room cabling.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Booked an engineer to visit Saturday, we have 2 cables from the street in to the house and it's all the boxes on one particular cable at fault.

Thanks for the reply.