cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should the Sky Cinema Collection also include Sky Cinema on Demand?

DebbieDM
Tuning in

Hi - I have had the Sky Cinema Collection for years. We mainly use the on demand service to watch the movies rather than the live showings. Today the on demand won't let me watch any movies, and is telling me to upgrade and subscribe to watch. Checked the latest bill and we still have the package, plus all the live Sky Cinema channels are working. Spent over 30 minutes on the phone with Virgin, who seemed to not understand what I was talking about, and then told me that Sky Cinema On Demand was a subscription service separate to the Sky Cinema I'm already paying for. This sounded like nonsense, so I asked when it was introduced - they didn't know. Looking at Virgin promotional stuff for Sky Cinema, it clearly states that '1000s of films are available on demand' with Sky Cinema. I was talking to a nice man but he couldn't help, and now I've no idea where to go next!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@japitts Yes I do have a Sky Cinema subscription and have just checked my V6 and Sky Cinema on demand is showing as included in package and working on the two films I tried.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

23 REPLIES 23

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sky Cinema subscription includes the linear broadcast channels and the OnDemand library.

Check though, that you're trying to view an HD film and not a UHD one. UHD is a separate subscription but the different formats are listed together if you're in a VoD listing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

I don't subscribe to UHD, but I'm only attempting to watch the HD films. It's worked fine for years but now I'm being told by VM that I have to pay for on demand, even though it clearly states otherwise on their website. Can't get any sense out of them.

I too am suddenly having the same issue. I go to On Demand>Movies>Sky Cinema select the HD movie I want to watch and get message ‘Upgrade to Watch’.

I’ve turned box off twice and still getting the same issue.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How long has this been an issue for? I'm not near my V6 to check, but it was certainly OK for me earlier this week.

I can't recall if my fellow VIP @Graham_A has a Sky Cinema subscription or not, to check.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Mine have come back today, but not sure how long for! What is most annoying is spending half an hour on the phone to a VM operative who was trying to convince me that the on demand movies were not part of the package, and never had been!

Started yesterday. Seems to be an issue with a few people, and have seen other posts where they've been told the on demand isn't included.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@japitts Yes I do have a Sky Cinema subscription and have just checked my V6 and Sky Cinema on demand is showing as included in package and working on the two films I tried.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Hi Japitts.

No idea when this stopped working, as I don’t use the On Demand Sky Movies that often. I can only assume it’s a recent issue. I have also tried turning my internet off and on and that still hasn’t resolved issue either. 

Turned both V6 and internet off together and SUCCESS, issue resolved. Noticed time, too late to watch film now as Match of the Day will be on before it ends.