Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Should a new V6 box have a new remote control?

I've just been sent a replacement V6 box. It has a power supply and space in the packaging for the remote control - but there's no remote control! Should there be? or am I supposed to use the old one? And if so, will it need pairing with new box somehow?

Can't through to Tech Support to ask them!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Should a new V6 box have a new remote control?

if its a replacement you can use your old remote

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks!!, but do you know if it will work straight off, or whether it will need pairing or something? The instructions for the box say don't take the red tag out of the new remote until the box starts working - should I take the batteries out so it will find the new box? Don't want to go in and get stuck half way.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

As the remote is paired to the old box, of course you will have to pair it to your new box. Try the Help function on the new box to see how to do this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes... Good catch 22 - you need the remote to do the install, but can't pair the remote until the box is working!

Somehow persuaded the box to continue its install when it wanted me to press OK, and later when it paused the install I managed to pair the remote with the box. A new remote SHOULD have been included with the box - they are going to send me another one, but its a bit late now!

Thanks again for your input.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No no. Any V6 remote, new or old, paired or unpaired, can operate in IR mode but, of course, needs pointing at the V6.

You did not need a new V6 remote. Your existing one is perfectly good.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Take batteries out press a few buttons. Replace them hold info button down light flash release see if you can then use. 

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi

For future reference you can hold the clear and tv button until the light at the top of the remote flashes green and then press the thumbs down 3 times to unpair the remote from any old boxes and then can press and hold the info button until the green light at the top of the remote flashes (it will go solid first just keep holding it until it flashes green, if it flashes red it has failed to pair). However as it clears the remote you will need to re pair with your Television following the Help menu once you new box is set up.

Hope this helps

Jake
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos