Menu
Ashg
Up to speed
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Short sighted customer service policy

A mouth ago I had VM come out and relocate my V6 box for the outrageous fee of £100. I did this because of  early retirement  and trying to save money by dropping Sky TV and then upgrading the VM package.
Anyway I made a compliant about the £100 fee and got myself £8 off per month for the next year, which will stop if I upgrade my package!
So going forward I will stay with Sky and not upgrade my VM for a year.
Seems to me VM are losing out by NOT being more flexible with their customers because of a poor policy!
Also now online I cannot see the upgrade deals available, nor can I add any upgrade package via the V6 box even if I wanted too. 

Think again VM about how to treat loyal customers who have been with you since day one.

I would send this to them via email but that's no longer possible!

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Short sighted customer service policy

The £99 charge for a non-fault call-out is perfectly reasonable in my opinion, given it includes all time and materials.

Have you called-out any other professions recently and what were their charges?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashg
Up to speed
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Rubbish! That is the way to lose customers (bigger picture) . So have you been forced into early retirement due to this virus?!

0 Kudos
Cueball99
Well-informed
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sorry but I agree with Ernie here. It's a perfectly reasonable fee for the time and expense incurred by VM for carrying out the work required.

Try getting a professional to move your Sky cables for that price.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

The reasons for your early retirement are irrelevant.

You simply want something for nothing. Virgin Media have to pay their staff and pay for the materials for your job.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

shawty1984
Rising star
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

What's rubbish is people expecting a service for free just for being a long term customer. Does your policy of wanting stuff for free expand to other 'loyal' customers? If so how much money do VM have to lose to do this?

It's also not very loyal if you switch or demand stuff for free, I hate the word when associated with companies like VM. 

Ashg
Up to speed
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Well I worked in business for many years and any company should look at the bigger picture. We used to redo  £4,000 plus jobs for £0 if they were not happy and then you didn't lose that customer in the long term,a sprat to catch a mackerel is good business practice! Why people who do not work for VM are having a go at me is totally ridiculous. I have the right to my opinion and we all know what Dirty Harry said about that one LOL.

Companies like VM like to give free stuff to new customers all the time but show no respect or care for the long term ones! Loyalty works 100% both ways in any good business.! .

As said I would have put this in a email to them but again bad practice by them but removing that form of contact to complain . Which is why I've ended up here in frustration with a company who do not want their customers views just their money. As my subject said short sighted! 

0 Kudos
shawty1984
Rising star
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

If you were loyal, you wouldn't want free things. Loyalty doesn't work like that. 

VM aren't stupid. If you are constantly looking for a better deal or free stuff they are going to let a certain percentage of customers to leave knowing they will be back when their deal runs out with their competitor. 

You can't just offer free or cheap to everyone as then that comes the standard price. 

Ashg
Up to speed
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Did you read all of my last reply and understand it .I think not.If you don't ask you don't get in this life or you just roll over and pay up, sorry not my generation  LOL. So are you saying you wouldn't even ask for a discount? Because I did and got £8.00 off each month but now I can't see any prices or offers. Talk about back stabbing  after the discount. Do you know if you phone Sky to cancel Sky movies they give you a free month in the hope you will not leave

"Companies like VM like to give free stuff to new customers all the time but show no respect or care for the long term ones! Loyalty works 100% both ways in any good business.!" .

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

This is a discussion that belongs on "twitterbook" and not clogging up a "technical help" forum.

can we get off this merry go round please 🙂

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos