cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting to disable HDR?

jgnotts
Superfast

Is there any way to disable HDR on the TNT Sports Ultimate channel? I want the 4k but the hdr mode seems to make it far too colourful for my liking - far too much red.

3 REPLIES 3

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

There is no such setting. Some TVs require adjustment of PQ settings to properly display HLG which is used for live HDR broadcasts.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

jgnotts
Superfast

So I’ve sort of got used to the extra colour saturation of the HDR on this channel now. I have another issue though and it’s only happening on this channel.

When on channel 531, if I press the My Shows button, all I get is a black screen and the HLG logo flickers on and off in the top corner. It will not display my shows and the same happens if I press the Home button. I then either have to press Backup a few times which takes me back to the live picture or press the TV Guide button - the TV Guide screen does display properly.

I have my V6 box set to output all resolutions so that my LG C2 OLED telly should handle the scaling. Does anyone else have the same settings for scaling as me and do you have this issue?

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Use these output settings.

•2160p
•2160p 24/25/30fps (pass-through)
•1080p 24/25/30fps (pass-through)
•1080i

Note that I haven't included 576i as it seems that no anamorphic flag is broadcast, meaning that TVs won't process that anamorphic images and you've got to allow the V6 to upscale (to 1080i in this case).

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection