cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serious problem with DVR

LMC88
Joining in

Hi,

A message has come up on a green screen on my TV saying the DVR has encountered a serious problem and is trying to fix it. It says not to turn the box off or restart it for 3 hours. It’s been more than 3 hours and it’s still the same. It’s clearly broken. 

who should I contact? 

4 REPLIES 4

roy247
Community elder

If it doesn't restart you can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111  from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello LMC88.

Thank you very much for bringing the green screen fault to our attention.

I am very sorry to hear about this.

Following on from the advice above, Have you been able to arrange a service technician to attend?

If not, please let me know and I would be more than happy to arrange this for you.

This may be a temporary fix to bring the box back to life, If you are able to try?

Turn off the V6 at switch; then on the V6 box hold down both the power button and the + button at the same time. Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons until to see the welcome screen.

Gareth_L

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I had already tried all of these things. I had to phone up and they are sending an engineer to sort it, hopefully. 

Hi LMC88 👋 thank you for getting back to us!

Glad to hear you already booked in an engineer to come and get things sorted. Hopefully 🤞 they will get the issue resolved for you ASAP! Let us know if you do continue to have issues following the appointment and we will be here to help! 

Thanks for your patience in the meantime. Wishing you all the best! 🌞

Molly