cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series link

Kickestar
Joining in

This is strange. I have a series link for a programme that is on multiple channels..sky witness and 5 USA.

This series link has been working for years but suddenly, only the programmes on sky witness are recorded. This is despite me setting it to "series 1" in "start from" and selecting "new and reruns".

As I say this has been working for years. Any ideas?

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

Tavis75
Super solver

Is it possible that the episodes on the other channels are ones that your system has previously recorded? It will avoiding re-recording the same episodes if it has been recorded in some recent time period (possibly 30 days, but I'm not 100% certain) unless the series link is set to "Everything" rather then "New and re-runs"

Tavis75
Super solver

You could also look in "Recording Hiccups" to see if that gives an indication of why they are not being recorded.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"New and reruns" does indeed record anything that your V6 doesn't already have a recent copy of, I believe the limit is 30days.

Recording Hiccups will show why a past programme has failed to record, but scanning through your "My planned recordings" will show any non-scheduled programme in grey - together with the reason why.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

BSPN99
Dialled in

I had a similar problem with NCIS a few years ago and could only get the new episodes by setting SeriesLink to "everything". Sometimes there are wrong dates in the EPG. Last night's episode of Gardeners World didn't record because the EPG has the date as 25/08/23 and was marked as "duplicate" in Hiccups. Todays repeat shows the same date. I've recorded it manually and it is a new episode.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Recording functionality is only as good as the source data, EPG errors can be reported to tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks