Menu
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Series link not recording tv program

Hiya i was trying to set up an series link for how to get away with murder new season 5 on sky witness and it will not record, when going in to manage series link its coming up grey, i have missed the first ep last nite and wont record the rest, 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series link not recording tv program

I assume by "Murder" you mean "How to get away with Murder" (had to Google "Murder Sky Witness" to find the name of the program), the reason for your link not working is almost certainly because these programs aren't actually new, and your series link is set to record "New only".

If you follow Home > My Shows > Recording Hiccups, this will show you the reason for any individual recording failing. If you find HTGAWM in the guide, and look for the "first aired date", you'll see S5 was first shown October 2018.

You'll need to go into your series-link settings and change a couple of things..

1: Rather than record "new only", change it to "new & reruns" assuming you've not recorded these before, or "everything" if you have.

2: Change the channel from "Sky Witness" to "all", this should pick up the alternative showings on Sky Two.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I encountered this issue, caused by the first episode of the new series having a first aired date in 2018.

I explicitly recorded this first episode and future episodes seem OK and scheduling correctly on a new only series link.

Episode 1 is repeated next Wednesday at 1am.

A13FC18F-1064-4F31-8164-737054879D36.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

If the first-aired date of Ep1 is incorrect, there's probably a good chance of the tivoguideerrors inbox getting this fixed in time for the repeat showing.

OP: If you come across genuine data errors with the TiVo & V6 program guide, these can be emailed to tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk who are good at getting them resolved in a day or so.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem with multiple shows. Most recently 'The Good Place". Series 2 has never been aired before, so it is absolutely not the explanation posted above!

What I have noticed is that in the "record from" box, it only lists "New only" and "Series 0". Selecting Series 0 doesn't help! Someone in Virgtin TV land has messed up the formatting or something. I've had this problem before and I've been forced to record individual episodes. This is NOT the service we're paying for.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@dianas1968 wrote:

I'm having the same problem with multiple shows. Most recently 'The Good Place". Series 2 has never been aired before, so it is absolutely not the explanation posted above!

What I have noticed is that in the "record from" box, it only lists "New only" and "Series 0". Selecting Series 0 doesn't help! Someone in Virgtin TV land has messed up the formatting or something. I've had this problem before and I've been forced to record individual episodes. This is NOT the service we're paying for.

The good place was originally aired on netflix so it does come into the equation

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

@dannylau wrote:

@dianas1968 wrote:

The good place was originally aired on netflix so it does come into the equation

I'd beg to suggest this could cause a metadata error in the guide, but is in actual fact an error. There's been a few series recently where the first "available" date was one of the streaming services (which, because of their nature, don't have a broadcast schedule......), but with broadcast premiere later. The TiVo EPG did initially show a rogue first-aired-date, but was corrected before the actual first broadcast, precisely for this reason.

This sort of thing is exactly what tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk exists for. They don't tend to respond to individual reports, but are excellent at getting guide errors checked and resolved.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

To be clear, I've discovered that the problem was (in this case, anyway) in the Virgin TV Control app. I was able to change the series recording to record from series 2 directly on the tv.  The first couple of episodes recorded perfectly and it's only today that I noticed that it had missed a couple. Something is going very wrong here.

I have also had the same thing happen with Good Witch and Chesapeake Shores. I thought it was a problem with series recording just on Movies 24, but now it's happened with another channel.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

AND I've just had to fix my series link for Lucifer - thankfully caught it before we missed any.  It wasn't going to record any more episodes for whatever reason - and they are marked as "new", so figure that one out...

Edited: I've just gone back to check what I thought had been fixed, and it's still not set to record the upcoming episodes!! I've had to set each episode to record individually.  What on earth is going wrong here?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Lucifer has also been previously aired on amazon prime 

0 Kudos