Menu
mikewidnes
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Series link missing some episodes (BBC???)

Hello

recently we have had a problem on our V6 box where series links miss an episode

As far as I can see it has been happening on BBC series

Examples over the last few days - although it has been happening for a while longer - are

a) Harlots - this week's episode was not set up to record - but the previous episodes had recorded fine and next weeks looks OK as well

When we set up to record it manually it worked fine - but appeared in the recordings as a separate show - not part of the series

b) Last night the box recorded The Valhalla Murders episode 3 just fine - but it was immediately followed by episode 4 - which it did not record

On investigation last night's problem was noted in the Hiccups section as 'Not New' - but it is a new show so it is New

Looking at the actual show data it looks like episode 4 was set up as first shown in February - but it wasn;t - it was first shown last night - just like episode 3 was

We have changed the Valahalla one to record all - and not just not new as it was set up - so we shall see if it works next week

ANy idea why the data seems to have the wrong dates ????

TIA

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Series link missing some episodes (BBC???)

I've not checked the Valhalla murders in detail, but Harlots I have (mrs japitts has a SL to that)

All episodes that I'd expect to record are present & correct there, first-aired dates all look good and the next 2 upcoming episodes are scheduled too.. so not sure, sorry!

Assuming your SL's are set to "new only", then the "first-aired-date" is what TiVo & V6 uses to schedule recordings, and you're quite right to be looking at that! You could try setting your SL's for "new and reruns" - if you use "everything", then that literally records everything, which on BBC channels can mean multiple copies of the same programme. "New and reruns" will record "old" episodes if your box doesn't already have a copy in the previous 30 days.

BBC guide data is pretty reliable these days, but I've just now checked Valhalla Murders E4 does look a little odd. For reference, if you spot any guide errors with more than a few days still to go before broadcast, you can email them to tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk - you won't normally get a response, but they do a pretty good job with fixing them in a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mikewidnes
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that - I will store the email address

problem is that it isn't much help when you are a few episodes behind and decide to bing a few weeks worth - then find one is missing!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's always worthwhile just spending 5-10 minutes once a week going over your planned recordings - the majority of the time, there's no issues. But it does mean you can spot errors like this, in time to firstly check them with the broadcaster's own website.

If you have confirmed errors, you can then email them in, plenty of time to get them resolved before broadcast.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks