cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Series link Enquiry

masefield
Joining in

I know this may have been asked before done a bit of a search but couldn't find the answer. We had created a series link via BBC1 HD, but it hadn't been listed as recording - but on looking again I had noticed that the series link icon wasn't showing on the TV guide but when I looked at the list of planned/scheduled recordings it was listed to have been recorded on Channel 864 for BBC1 HD Wales. Have I missed something when the series link was set up - and is there a way of setting BBC main channels by way of default and how come the recording has been set up on channel 864 instead of 101 for example. Apologies for not making any sense.

2 REPLIES 2

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The only reason that a recording will use a different channel than you set it from is if you have set up the series to use Channels=All.

Check the series link and ensure it’s only set to the correct channel.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's two parts to an answer here, Ernie is absolutely right but this could potentially have been caused when Ch101 went from being BBC1-SD to BBC1-HD a while back. TiVo's & V6's handled this change pretty well, but there were a few quirks.

The other thing is that whether you record from the BBC regional variants in the 861-865 positions, or BBC1-HD on 101, it makes no difference to the programme or what's recorded. The continuity announcer will be different, but that's all.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks