cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sent a new V6 box but can pair old controller??

Zoe2023
Tuning in

Hello 

virgin have sent me a v6 box and I cant pair my old controller I’ve followed the on line bits, but when I press the minus on the box it says the light should go out but mine just flashes and nothing 

4 REPLIES 4

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Zoe2023,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and sorry to hear that you've not received a new remote control with your new TV box!

If you're having issues pairing your old remote to the new box, you can order a new remote control free of charge through our website.

In the meantime, you can download our Control App that can help you change channels with and use the TV box as normal. Please let us know how you get on and if you need any further assistance going forward.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for help, I believe the controller is to old to be used on the newer boxes as its the larger controller managed to get though on WhatsApp and hopefully they are sending a replacement out 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Zoe2023,

Thanks for coming back to me and I'm glad to hear that you've been able to order a replacement remote after speaking to our team! 

I'll pass your TV Control feedback along so that we can improve the services going forward. 😊

Keep us updated on how you get on and if you need any further help going forward.

Thanks! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Zoe2023 

Was the new V6 a replacment for a faulty V6? Or was it an upgrade from the older Tivo box?

If it was a replacement for a faulty V6  did you reset the remote before you got to the part that asks you to press minus on the box? Also try with new batteries.

reset V6 remote.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali