Menu
Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Secrets of Scotland chan 5

Hi. 

Are any other virgin customers with the v6 having problems with play back of secrets of Scotland when recorded off chan 5?🤔

My nan said it won't play properly when she tries to watch it 🙁 apparently it plays. Then cuts out partway through. I've checked the series link. It's setup correctly 😊

J.H
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Secrets of Scotland chan 5

Is this recorded in SD or HD? Which episode?

I've got them recorded but haven't seen any yet.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

She's having trouble with season 3. When recorded from channel 5 HD. 

J.H
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnny, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your nan's TV service, I am sorry she's having this problem on her Channel 5 recordings.

I understand you last posted about this around a week ago, were you able to chat with the faults team on her behalf about this?

The first thing we need to check is all the cables that connect to the TV and box, such as the HDMI, coax cable, power cable, splitter and the wall socket, can you let me know if tightening all of these helps?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Megan

The cables are all tight. My nan & grandad don't mess with the connections. They are instructed not to mess with anything on the v6. She's been watching it live since. Although she still records it aswell. We use a series link for recording the program. I'm not sure if it's the Internet causing the issue as it's plugged into the booster. As the rooter isn't in same room. The rooter is in my room above the living room 🤔

J.H
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnny1983, 

Thanks for coming back to me, I have managed to look at our fault checker for your services and can see there is an SNR outage within your area at the moment which will be causing this issue. It has a fix date of 14th October but this is just an estimate, it could be sooner or later depending on what the engineers encounter. I am sorry for this inconvenience!

If the outage is fixed but you still experience this issue, please let me know on this thread and we'll continue to help 🙂 

I hope you and your nan have a lovely week ahead!

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Megan 

Hopefully it will be fixed around the 12th October 😊. So am I right in thinking recordings use the Internet? 🤔

J.H
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

On Demand and other apps iPlayer etc use the internet.

Live TV is different, it uses a broadcast-based system. Recordings from live TV are then played from your hard drive.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johnny,

No recordings don't need the internet to play, they get stored in the box on a hard drive like Japitts mentioned. However, if there was an interruption on the channel whilst the program was being recorded, you may see or hear distortion on the playback. 

I hope explains it for you!

Megan_L

0 Kudos
Johnny1983
Fibre optic
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Megan. 

That's good to know. Yeah it helps 😊

J.H
0 Kudos